1. Introduction and General Terms
Metro News is committed to protecting your personal information when you are using Metro News services. We want our services to be safe and enjoyable environments for our audience. This Privacy and Cookies Policy relates to our use of any personal information we collect from you via our website and social media platforms.
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us by phone, SMS, email, in letters and other correspondence and in person.
In order to provide you with the full range of Metro News services, we sometimes need to collect information about you.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy explains the following:
• what information Metro News may collect about you;
• how Metro News will use information we collect about you;
• when Metro News may use your details to contact you;
• whether Metro News will disclose your details to anyone else;
• your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
Metro News is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998 (these laws are referred to collectively in this Privacy and Cookies Policy as the “data protection laws”). No website can be completely secure; if you have any concerns that your Metro News account could have been compromised e.g. someone could have discovered your password, please get in touch straight away.